Garden Plants and Flowers
Beginning with the letter 'D'
This section of garden plants starting with the letter
D, includes biennials, perennials,
bulbs and shrubs, bedding plants, flowers.
- Showy group of garden plants for late summer display. Many colours
and flower types to choose from.
bholua Jacqueline Postill the late winter flowers are so welcome but
so is the overwhelming fragrance.
- The blue spiked flowers of the Delphinium group have always
attracted attention. A must-have summer flowering perennial, but
watch out for the slugs.
- Very attractive and dainty flower heads in late summer and early
Daphne bholua | Dicentra
spectabilis - Bleeding Heart
Dianella; Dianthus; Diascia;
Dicentra - The Bleeding Heart version is the
most popular of the Dicentra, but there are some very attractive
silver foliage types as well.
- The Wand Flower or Angel's Fishing Rod describe the flowering
habit of this delicate but hardy garden plant.
; Diervilla; Digitalis; Dionaea; Dionysia; Dipelta; Dipsacus;
- One of the best of the bright yellow daisies to flower in early
spring. Will brighten up any area in the garden or grace a container
on the patio.
Dorotheanthus; Draba; Dracaena; Dracula; Drosanthemum; Dryas;