Garden Plants and Flowers Beginning with
the letter 'A'
This section of garden plants starting with the letter A,
includes biennials, perennials, bulbs and shrubs,
bedding plants, flowers.
- Ideal foliage and flower garden or container plant
- Group of medium to large trees and shubs
Acer autumn foliage |
Aubrieta Spring flowering.
Aconitum; Acorus; Actaea; Adiantum; Aesculus;
- One of the 'In' plants of the decade, with good colour range and
Agastache; Ageratum; Ailanthus;
- Legendary ground cover perennial with varied foliage and blue
- The Ladies Mantle. Once you have it, it will make its home in the
surrounding area as well!
- Alcea -
Althea - Hollyhocks - Old fashioned cottage garden plant which
is still very relevant today.
sprouting - In the herb section
Spectacular pompom or globe flowers on erect stems.
Anchusa Superb blue-flowered perennial
Small ground huggers and tall perennials - take your pick.
Angelica Dou purpose herb or ornamental feature plant
- Main section about growing and caring for apple trees
Annisodontea; Anthemis; Antirrhinum; Aquilegia;
Arabis; Aralia; Arbutus; Arctotis:
Arenaria; Argyranthemum; Armeria; Artemisia; Arum;
Aruncus; Asparagus; Asplenium;
lateriflorus - One of the newer Michaelmas Daisies which have
helped to popularise this group again.
mollis - Deciduous group of Azaleas with often-scented flowers.