List of Anemones that are grown from Tubers.
of Anemones with flowering times and suggested planting details.
The Anemone list is for tuber grown and rhizome type species
of Anemones and does not include the late summer flowering
Japanese Anemone varieties, which are basically
herbaceous perennials and not tubers or rhizome times.
The listing will be divided into groups based upon flowering
Most of the common varieties of Anemones are to be found in
this list. For more detailed information, then a good specialist
mail order Anemone house will be the next stop. Many will have
their own particular favourites, either bred in house or
exclusive to themselves.
The ones that we include in the list are well tried and to a certain
extent, old favourites that have given consistent results over many
Spring Flowering Anemones.
- Anemone altaica - Rhizomes - Light shade in humus-rich
but well drained soil. Plant in autumn.
- Anemone alpennina - Rhizomes - same conditions as A.
- Anemone biflora - Tubers - Plant in Autumn - Full sun
in well drained light soil. Apply mulch protection in late autumn.
- Anemone blanda - very popular tuber type - planted in
autumn. Several attractive forms including the white Anemone. b.
White Splendour; Blue - Anemone b. 'Atrocaerulea' and the
pink bicoloured with white centers Anemone b. Radar.
- Anemone bucharica - Tubers plant in autumn - Light soil
in full sun.
- Anemone coronaria 'De Caen' - Tubers plant in early
spring. Any situation, but well drained and plenty of light.
- Anemone coronaria 'St Brigid' - As for Aemone
coronaria 'De Caen'
- Anemone eranthoides. Tubers - plant in autumn - dry
conditions with plenty of light/sun.
- Anemone flaccida - Rhizomes - Late spring/early summer
- plant in autumn.
- Anemone x fulgens - Tubers - Dry area with sunshine
preferred - plant in autumn.
- Anemone x lipsiensis - Rhizomes - dry with dappled
shade. Autumn planting and division.
- Anemone nemorosa - The wood Anemone. Several different
types. Dappled shade - dry conditions preferred.
- Anemone pavonina - Tubers - Sunny position with light
- Anemone sylvestris - The snowdrop Anemone. Light
woodland - but dry preferred.
Main Anemone Page